Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bon Voyage Triathletes

Good evening in the Garden City!

Missoula will be noticeably more quiet this weekend as we give a big send off to many of our triathletes. There are a pair of 1/2 Ironman Triathlons this weekend, Oliver in B.C. and the Boise 70.3.

We are sending a big team to each of these two events and there are bound to be a lot of yee haws and cowboy hats to let everyone know that the Stampede is there. Good luck to all of you. You have trained hard and I hope you all have great races!

The half-iron is the perfect race as far as I'm concerned (not that I've ever raced in one). It pushes you to train long and hard, but isn't as devastating on the mind and body as the full Ironman. It tests one's endurance and takes months of preparation, something you can all be proud of. If I didn't
suck so badly at swimming, I'd be right there with you.
But alas I am more reptilian these days than amphibian, so you'll have to go it alone. But maybe next year...

Have a great weekend everyone and let the rest of us know how it went.


photos are from the '08 Grizzly, of course











No comments: