Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Grizzly Recap


Congratulations to all of you who competed in yesterday's 20th Anniversary Grizzly Triathlon! I know that there were a ton of you who made your debut as a triathlete and you should be proud of yourselves. Good job Andie Rassmussen, you looked like a pro out there. I hope you come back to run your next triathlon soon.

Saturday was a banner day for racing. Some may argue that it was a little warm, but I enjoyed the warmth of the sun and it looks like you all did too.

Big Congratulations to Jen Luebke for taking the 'W'. You looked strong the whole way and made it look easy. Alison Forney-Gorman came from behind with a blistering T2 to take 2nd place, Stephanie Fisher 3rd and Emily Kipp 4th. Rhea Fuller rounded it out in 5th.

Men's reigning champion, Ben Hoffman, three-peated for the win. When I saw him come in on the bike I knew that no body would be catching him! Adam Jenson took 2nd, and Brendan Halpin ran like a man possessed to take 3rd. Young Matt Shryock rocked his usual, lightening fast run for fourth and Graham Meng held onto 5th place. It's tough racing against the Missoula boys, isn't it?
The Grizzly was as awesome as usual thanks to Race Directors Giles Thelen and Elliot Bassett. You guys really pulled all the stops and I received a ton of compliments on the food, music and overall organization. Kudos.

I had the privilege to work the food booth with Kyle, Megan, and Elliot, and they were kind enough to let me sneak away to take a few photos. I'm bummed that my wife (the real photographer in the family) wasn't able to be there, but I still got some snapshots. As an aside, she WAS at the Roubaix today (to shoot her hubby) and captured some amazing shots! I'm in the process of getting my pictures up on Flickr (due to the large # of shots), but will also make a small album on Yahoogroups, too. I'm hoping to get the Roubaix shots up in a day or two.
As always, feel free to comment on your experiences and/or send me photos.
I have lots of photos and took pictures of many folks I don't know, so be sure to check it out...you may just be there. http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809415@N00/sets/72157604525433807/
Sorry, but you'll have to rotate the photos yourselves.

Well the beginning of the Montana Racing Season is finally here and it started with quite a bang! I'll write a post about the Roubaix later tonight or tomorrow. It was just as fine of a day today.



No comments: