Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bike Riding Montana-Style


I think this picture just about sums it up. We Montanans are nuts! I just love to see the crazy enthusiasm among the spectators and the riders alike. We got out again today and it was good to see some new faces. Kudos to newcomer, Lisa, who braved the cold and wet roads to ride with the roadies. You did great!


I can feel the Rocky Mountain Roubaix in the air, even though it's still several weeks off. If you aren't familiar with the Roubaix, check out Shaun's blog http://www.montanacyclocross.com/ to get familiar. It is our BIG Spring Classic that combines the challenges of the weather, dirt roads and some serious hills. If you don't ride it, come out to Frenchtown, 'cause you won't want to miss it. It happens the day after the Grizzly Triathlon and is being put on by the Northern Rockies Orthopedic Team.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trivia Question: Who were the attendees of the first ever meeting to discuss Team Stampede? What year was it? Which Hellgate High Administrator hosted the meeting?

ErikD said...

Good Question Anonymous! By the sound of your Question, you are obvioulsy more informed than I about our team. I've been with Team Stampede for about 5 years now and I have some knowledge of its evolution, but maybe you'd like to comment on it's roots. I'd love to hear from someone who was there in 1993 and '94 when you were all getting together and talking about racing. My good friend, Jeff C. said that he was there in '94 and suggested to combine the cyclists with the tri's. That combination is what has attracted me to the group. What a fun and diverse group of athletes to be associated with! So I'd have to say that Struckman, Hartpence, Fuller, and Seeley may have been there...and as for who hosted it...it was just before my time. I was in PT school at CSUN. Cheers.