Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday, Monday. So how's your training coming?




I can't wait to hear more about the Snowjoke Half Marathon on Saturday. I heard that Elliot took second in a shirt and tie! I wish I was there to see that one. Nothing can slow that guy down.

So if anyone wants to comment on the race, feel free. I decided to ease back into any resemblance of a distance run on Sunday with Dean and the "Breakfast Club." Welcome Cyndi, great running girl, and props to both Bill and Dean for getting the lead out the day after the 1/2M. We ran for 75 minutes and that was enough for me. Plus or minus 7 miles, giving me a whopping 10 for the week. It has taken me a couple of weeks longer than I had anticipated to get back into running, but I feel decent and I think I'll be back on track this week. Just don't ask me to race!

I did manage my second "good" week on the bike, however. Cycling has been it for me, since I haven't been able to do anything else. I had 6+ hours on the bike, plus the 1:45 running = 8 hours. I gotta keep thinking "building base mileage."

So keep up with all your winter training, even if it's mostly indoors. Remember that this Wednesday night is the last trainer workout at MBW. I'll be there if the roads are still ugly!

No comments: