Sunday, February 10, 2008

Let's get outside!


So if you all are like me, you're starting to get cabin fever. Here in the northern rockies we've all been holed up in our basements riding our trainers and are just about ready to go nuts. So I jumped on Tamara's suggestion that we take it outside. No time like the present to head out on the open road. Man did it feel good!

We met at Bernice's bakery at high noon. There were seven of us after Elliot arrived fashionably late. Cyclist aren't known for their punctuality, but with a good mix of triathletes, most of us were there right on time. Tamara and Megan represented Northern Rockies while Linsey, Elliot, Matt, Jen and myself gave Team Stampede/Five Valley Velo the numbers.

For a winter's day the weather was holding. No rain or snow, just clouds and probably about 40 degrees. Winds were light out of the southwest so the general consensus was to head west toward Frenchtown, try and stay on (mostly) clear roads, and we were off.

Our ride took us out to the Wye, along Pulp Mill Rd. to the mill, then I turned to come home. It was the perfect, first ride of the season for me. It was a good mix of social and solo riding, lots of flats and three small hills to get the heart pumping! The bunch went on to Frenchtown, I assume, and I hope that they had a grand day out. I'm sure that they had as much fun as I did cleaning our rides afterwards. Salud!

Erik

No comments: