Saturday, February 23, 2008

My First Date...

Well, what a week it has been! Great weather for training, starting to see the end of winter and the emergence of runners and cyclists on our roads, the Tour of California and finally getting out on my new bike. It was all so exciting and new...

My best bud Morgan has been dying to try road biking, so we decided to go out for a ride last night after work. That meant that I would be taking out my new Orbea and he would ride my cyclocross bike. I got this bike as an early Christmas present to myself and have only had it on the trainer. So any excuse to get on it and ride was welcome. We met at Community, I quickly fit him to the bike, gave him my shoes to wear and he trialed the pedals and shifters. All looked good and we were off to meet another good friend, Renee and her friend Jessie. We rode the Big Flat Loop clockwise on a nice, calm evening. My Orbea is a darling! She's sleek, sexy and fast. I felt giddy riding and I'm totally infatuated. This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship...

Kudos to Morgan for getting on a road bike for the first time, especially riding with 3 roadies. Also, kudos to Renee who hasn't been on her bike since last June, since she's been traveling the world and to Jessie who was willing to ride with a group of strangers. I had a great time out there last night and I hope we can get out on many more rides together.

Of note, both Renee and Jessie should be racing for the Five Valley Velo Women's Team!!! They are both great riders.

Next post...the Adventures of the weekend group rides and the Snowjoke. So who's gonna shine?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that was pretty painless for my virgin blog experience. And it was a great first ride of the season yesterday. Thanks, Erik, for motivating me to join the 21st century to get back in the saddle! -Renee

ErikD said...

Renee, it was good to see you this week. Let's get out and ride again! I think I see some orange in your future...