Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mother Nature Strikes Again





Well, this week was a good one for me, was it for you? Mother nature seemed bound and determined to give of some challenging weather if we wanted to be outdoors. The weather turned a little bit colder and stormier on my Wednesday ride after work. I've been pushing myself to get outside if the weather is anything better than just plain old crap. I rode until dark instead of hitting the last trainer session at MBW. I hope it went well for you guys.



But I missed what must be hailed as an EPIC ride on Saturday as the gruppo headed out to Huson and attempted to ride the Roubaix course. I guess there was something for everyone! Nasty headwinds heading out (and a nice tailwind coming home! Except for Jen, oops), rain, hail, mud, pavement, gravel, encounters with motorists. It made me jealous hearing about some of it while on the Sunday run this morning.


But alas, I had the chance to sneak away for a couple of days and do a little beer drinking, um, I mean fishing. Morgan and I went over to Idaho
and had a blast. Here are a couple of snap shots of
our trip. I know that Twohig and Crouch can
appreciate them!


So I hope everyone had the chance to get out and enjoy the terrific weather we've had lately and I'm planning on heading out again tomorrow evening, if the weather's not too ugly! See you out there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunday, 9 March 2008 is your last opportunity to "sleep in." We'll be leaving at 9am for the last time until next winter.

On Sunday, 16 March 2008 we'll start the Sunday Runs at 8am. Call for directions or motivation: 728-6768