Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday-Late Edition, read all about it!


Hello all you cycling and triathlon fans. This just in...The Hell Ride went off in full form tonight! Spring is here, complete with fast moving pacelines, lots of hammering and sprinting and hills that make you want to lose your lunch. Sounds like fun? You bet.


Tonight's dose of hell was courtesy of the Northern Rockies men and women. They sure know how to dish out the hurtin'. Shaun, Steve, Bob, Tamara, Nadia, Megan, Blair and Jeremy were up for the challenge, while FVV had John's W and M, JT, Kyle, Elliot, myself, and our adopted Jason Ames. I think there were 15 tonight, a perfect sized group.


Big Flat Rd. was an exceptionally fast roller coaster tonight. Sometimes these early spring rides take off and tonight was no exception. Shaun and Jason pushed the pace and kept our heart rates up. As an aside, tonight would've been the PERFECT night for me to wear the HR monitor, but I was on the 'cross bike and just wasn't interested in bringing it this am when I went to work.


Note to self: Bring the racing bike next time. All these guys (and gals) are driving their Maseratis and I've got a VW bus! That's okay as I was just using this as a strength-training ride vs. a race training ride. But hey, who wants to show up under dressed?


Mullan Rd. was smooth as silk. They group was working well and we just flew out to the Mill. Radley took the sprint ahead of Elliot and Twohig. Pulp Mill Rd. was a power climb to the false flat and Shaun takes sprint #2. I'm in the second group wishing I had my Orbea...


At the Wye a few turned for home, but the majority of us headed for Frenchtown, for the TRUE hell ride course! No time like the present to get in those miles. From the Wye you're looking at ~35 miles, and Frenchtown is a solid 50+ miles back to town. On our way to FT, Shaun takes his THIRD sprint. I think we're going to have to start watching this guy, boys.


On our way back, however, Weyrich and Jason took the last two sprints. I kept it in the same time zone, but still have a couple more weeks of riding to get into some resemblance of form.


Since I'm out on the bike so much these days, I only hear a few passing words about the Tuesday Night Track Workouts. How are they going? I hear that Courtney is pushing you guys hard. Hope they're going well and feel free to comment about what type of workouts you've been doing and how you're feeling.


So that's about it. Hopefully the weather will keep improving and we can just keep getting out there more and more. See Ya!

No comments: