Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!



So what did you do today? Did you sleep in? Nine am came a little earlier this morning and I think we were all feeling it, especially Bookwalter. Our group did take a decent picture though. We had a nice run up Lincoln Hills, down Tamarac, then up Rattlesnake Drive to Sawmill Gulch Road. We took the road up to the trailhead, then turned and retraced our steps. Total miles: 9.5

Most of the time the Sunday Long Run is a trail run. It saves all of us old timer's joints, if you can hear what I'm sayin'. But with Mount Jumbo closed and a runner nursing an ankle sprain, we decided to keep it on terra firma. Next week we'll be free to roam up onto Jumbo and we're all looking forward to it.

So see that guy with the goatee up there in the picture? That's David. He suggested to the running group on the way down the valley, that we should go out for an "easy spin" this afternoon. Maybe it was the sunshine, or the word easy, but Dean and I really thought that his suggestion would be great. So after doing my weekend puttering around the house I rolled over to Jeff's house to meet the group. Then it was off towards Clinton and I was off the back! Hey boys, what about the "easy ride?" See David's got one speed, fast. And I should have known what I was getting myself in to when he suggested the ride, but I really thought that this time...

David and his buddy Dan where good sports and kept the pace to a tolerable speed for Dean and I. I think that I can say for both of us that we appreciated it. We had a splendid ride out and back for the better part of two hours and I enjoyed every minute of it. It just doesn't get any better than being out in the sun, especially after a long winter.

It sounds like there was a good group that rode from Bernice's at noon today. Where did you all go? Like I said before, you just can't pass up these golden opportunities to get outside!



Oh, and Dean wanted me to remind anyone and everyone that next week we're shifting the Sunday Run to 8 am. This should allow folks the extra time to get off to their other Sunday business at a decent hour.




Erik

No comments: